The Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 receives Android 7.0 Nougat
A few weeks after the Shield Android TV, the Shield Tablet receives the update Nvidia 5.0, which brings the latest sweetness of Google: Android 7.0 Nougat.
The Nvidia 5.0 update brings several improvements, be it aesthetics or the operation of the device. But the most interesting contribution of this update is Android 7.0 Nougat, which brings, among other things, the multi-tasking which allows placing two applications side by side, the Doze mode improved or new emojis.
The update also allows the machine to connect to the new Shield controller, brings a new JIT compiler that is useful to applications, and the ability to independently change the writing font from the interface size.
It is possible to reply to messages directly from the notification or to modify the quick parameters.
Here's the full list of features that Nougat brings to the Shield Tablet, according to Nvidia:
· Updates to SHIELD controller support
· Split-screen: Run two apps side by side in Portrait or Landscape modes (if apps support the feature)
· Quick switch: Double tap the Overview button to quickly switch back to the last opened app
· Multiple notifications from the same app are now bundled for a streamlined experience
· Reply to messages directly from within the notification (if the app supports the feature)
· Tap and hold on a notification to quickly silence or block notifications from the app
· Improved power consumption with Doze on the Go: Doze is now smarter & kicks in even when the device is being carried around
· Includes all-new Unicode 9 emojis
· Display & Font size can now separately adjustable to improve readability or screen space
· Quick Settings can now be customized directly from the menu by tapping "Edit"
· The top Quick Setting tiles can now be accessed with a downward swipe from the lock screen
· Settings now includes a Navigation Menu & Suggestions to improve usability
· The "Clear all" option in Overview have been relocated to the top right
· New Data Saver: when enabled, limits access to Cellular data for background apps
· New JIT compiler: improves the speed of App & System updates
· Update to Android Security Patch Level December 1, 2016