MWC 2017: Lenovo launches Moto G5 and Moto G5 More interesting and cheap
Like other manufacturers, Lenovo held its conference at the MWC. The Chinese manufacturer took advantage of the Barcelona show to unveil its Moto G5 and G5 Plus with a metal design.
Motorola no longer exists, but the Moto brand continues to be operated by Lenovo. A trusted brand for buyers, on which the Chinese manufacturer continues to use it. This is reflected in the two new models presented today.
-Classic but attractive
Both smartphones are classic in their design and in their specifications. Both devices feature a unibody aluminum shell. The finish looks very good for this kind of product. It should also be noted that Lenovo reviewed its copy in regards to the fingerprint sensor on the front, this time more discreet at the bottom of the screen.
The G5 has a 5-inch screen with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. It contains a Snapdragon 430 processor, 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of memory (expandable via micro SD to 128 GB) and a battery of 2800 mAh. Good surprise, know that it is removable. There is also a 13 Megapixel back sensor with phase detection auto-focus, and a 5 Megapixel front sensor.
As for the Plus model, it has a 5.2-inch screen (also in full HD), a very good Snapdragon 625, 3 GB of RAM, a 32 GB memory (expandable via micro SD to 128 GB) and a 3000 mAh removable battery compatible with fast charging. Plus, it has an NFC chip, unlike the standard G5. We also find a combo of APN with 12 Megapixels (surprisingly less than its little brother) on the back and 5 Megapixels on the front. It can instead film in 4K whereas the standard G5 is only full HD.
They allow both to use two SIM cards, which is always appreciable. Two mid-range devices which, instead of having the ambition to revolutionize the market, merely show that Moto is still there.
-Release date and price
The G5 and G5 Plus are scheduled for March in gold and metallic gray. The first will cost 199€ and the second starts at 279€ and goes all the way up to $295. A very competitive price considering the hardware and product finishing. Lenovo may well have found the winning formula in this segment.
The features of the Moto G5 are:
· 5-inch Full HD LCD display (1920 x 1080 pixels)
· Snapdragon 430 processor clocked at 1.4 GHz
· 16 GB of storage space (expandable with a microSD card)
· 2 GB of RAM
· 13 megapixel camera at the back and 5 megapixels at the front
· 2800 mAh (removable) battery
· Wi-Fi 802.11n, Bluetooth 4.2, Micro-USB
· Impression sensor present
· Dimensions: 144.3 x 73 x 9.5 mm
· Weight: 145 grams
· Running Android 7.0 Nougat
And the features of the Moto G5 Plus:
· Full HD 5.2-inch LCD screen (1,920 x 1,080 pixels)
· Snapdragon 625 processor running at 2 GHz
· 16 or 32 GB of storage space (expandable with a microSD card)
· 3 GB of RAM
· 12 megapixel camera at the back and 5 megapixels at the front
· 3,000 mAh (removable) battery
· Wi-Fi 802.11n, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, Micro-USB
· Impression sensor present
· Dimensions: 150.2 x 74 x 9.7 mm